Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 319

Thread: And why should the public have access to these again?

  1. #91
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    I'm not pro-life. I was referring to the "pro-life" and "pro-death" penalty people.

  2. #92
    Inactive Member imported_GC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2002
    Posts
    1,738
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bible also says something like ....If your left hand causes you to sin, cut it off..can remember the exact quote. But do you actually think it means to cut it off? No, I see it as a metaphor to rid whatever is causing sin in your life. Your and others strict constructional view of the Bible looks to me like you think you are doing God's work, youre not. I am going by the 10 commandments and what many have said on here...killing is killing isnt it? You cant condemn your idea of "murder" and condone another's. Btw I am for the death penalty. I see your idea's as hypocritical -

    "You hypocrites. You know how to analyze the appearance of the earth and the sky, but why do you not analyze this present time? And why do you not even on your own initiative judge what is right?" (Luke 12:56-57)

    and will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 24:51)

    "The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 13:41-42)

    "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in." (Matthew 23:13)

    And they go to hell with the murderers dont they? </div></div>

    Well, you do have to have enough sense to know what is literal and figurative. The 10 Commandmants are the backbone of the Law. Read through Leviticus and Deuteronomy and you will see that the Law is expanded from these 10. And they are literal. And my idea of murder is taught in the Scriptures. Murder is the premeditated killing of another human being, that accoding the Scripture is punishable by death. Yours and others idea of twisting the meaning of Scripture as well as your twisting and changing of the Constitution is what is apalling. And if you don't know the difference between bringing justice to a murderer and the killing of an innocent child you are more twisted than I 1st thought.
    "We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
    - Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959

    Welcome to the USSA!

  3. #93
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not pro-life. I was referring to the "pro-life" and "pro-death" penalty people. </div></div>

    No thats not what I am comparing. I am comparing the Ten Commandments and your stance on the death penalty.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #94
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    Why is it everytime R13 can no longer seem to win in a thread he calls everyone a hypocrite?
    crack is whack

  5. #95
    Inactive Member imported_GC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2002
    Posts
    1,738
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Monkeyhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it everytime R13 can no longer seem to win in a thread he calls everyone a hypocrite? </div></div>

    Because his stands on most things are wrong and he just lashes out when it is proven to take the heat off himself? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif[/img]
    "We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
    - Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959

    Welcome to the USSA!

  6. #96
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not pro-life. I was referring to the "pro-life" and "pro-death" penalty people. </div></div>

    No thats not what I am comparing. I am comparing the Ten Commandments and your stance on the death penalty. </div></div>

    I am just giving another perspective. I see cases where I believe abortion is right and I dont lose much sleep when a convicted murderer is put to death. Now if I see this person using the Bible as their stance against abortion, but would pull the lever to kill another person..no matter what sin, God can forgive. I am just saying you cant be all for "life" one minute, then death the next - hypocrisy. I personally, more than likely wouldnt have an abortion if I were a woman..but I also wouldnt put someone one to death either. What I am trying to say is, IMO people need to get off their high-horse when it comes to things like this and stop casting judgement on any and every ones decisions. In the end, God will judge us all and will have the final say. Judge ye lest not ye be judged. It is not my business what anyone else does with their life, so I am not going to sit back and tell people whats right and wrong..thats what God will do and we arent Him. We all have our faults, I believe people should take a good long look at their self because they even begin to think about telling another what they should do because its right.

  7. #97
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    But you said earlier you are pro death penalty so you would put someone to death then.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #98
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    You say that it is none of your business what others do with their life, but you started this whole thread and stated you didn't think people should have access to certain guns. Is that not getting into others business?
    crack is whack

  9. #99
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    I said I am, for the most part, for the death penalty. Didnt say I would put someone to death myself, but the way some talk on here they would take out their assault weapon and fill them full of lead [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

  10. #100
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: And why should the public have access to these again?

    Thats a whole lot of double talk, or lack of backbone. Theres no need in being for the death penalty if you don't have the cajones to set on a trial and if evidence shows give a guilty verdict, and possible death penalty recommendation.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •